HERE ARE SOME ANSWERS to THE QUESTIONS WE'VE BEEN GETTING:
1) HOW DO I GET TO THE KNOCK DOWN CENTER?
Venue Shuttle from JMZ
If (and only if) the L train is not running, the shuttle runs to/from the Flushing Ave. JMZ train every 20 minutes, OUTSIDE the Sumner Hotel
The shuttle goes live at 4pm: Click her for the Live Shuttle Tracker
There is VERY LIMITED Street PARKING.
And NO parking available at the Knockdown Center
Knockdown Center is only 10-15 minutes from Williamsburg by Bike. Bike parking is provided on-site.
2) Will there be food there?
There will be 2 food trucks on site for food purchase. With vegan and vegetarian options. 1 Thai Truck and 1 Middle Eastern Truck.
3) I don't have kids...should I get there during the day?
Absolutely! The venue will be hopping all day and night. Those that get there early will get the MOST playa like feeling from the event.
4) Will it still be fun if I arrive at 11Pm?
Sure it will be rockin' till 4am (and we have some amazin' stuff planned) however, you'll miss all the majesty of Burning Man NYC. Just get there early and plan to spend the day/night.
For those wanting to come and go to, there WILL be re-entry until 10pm.
6) The Knockdown Center doeSn't allow outside amplified sound after 10pm will we all be inside after 10pm?
We have arranged to maintain all our outdoor interactive installations outdoors till the AM. AND, we will have a silent disco going on till the AM. So plan to be inside & outside.
7) What should I bring?
- Your ID
- Your ticket (printed out or on your phone)
- Your inquisitive, creative burner spirit
- Gifts: just like the playa
- Cash/Card if you plan to purchase anything from the Bar or Food Trucks
8) What Can't I bring?
- Don't bring any flaming art (that isn't pre-approved).
- Don't bring outside Alcohol. Alcohol will be available for purchase.
- Don't bring outside food. Food will be available for purchase.
- Don't come thinking this is just another party...this is BURNING MAN NYC
- Don't bring a bad attitude.
9) What is the weather going to be?
10) What should I wear?
Whatever makes you feel most like yourself!
This is an indoor/outdoor venue with gravel and some uneven ground. Make sure to make smart shoe choices!
- All tickets are $50!
- Subject to availability, the price will go up to $60 starting Friday, Sept. 27th at 11:59pm!
Tickets will not be sold at the door, they must be purchased on EventBrite!
- Tickets, if still available, will be $60 at the door.
12) map of the venue:
13) Bill FOLD POINT OF SALE
- The venue uses a bracelet system for all credit card sales.
- If you plan on using a credit card, you must register it and will be issued a bracelet.
- There is no additional fee for this.
- Cash is accepted at the bar, and there are ATMs at the venue with a $3 fee.
14) Drink Prices
• Alcoholic drinks range $11/13/15
• Beer range $6/$7/$10
• Non-alcoholic beverages $4
• Bottled Water $5
• Water fountains are by the bathrooms and FREE
• Arrive before 8pm and Decom will gift you a complimentary drink ticket!
15) Bowery Mission
- There will be collection boxes for the Bowery Mission at the event!
- Coatcheck will be available
- $5 per item